DRN offer the sub-contract machining of precision turned components in a wide range of batch sizes. A typical small batch size for DRN is 100 and is often the product of a 3 metre bar. Production quantities are not a problem as we have magazine bar loading capabilities, a typical production run could be 5,000 for example.
We are predominantly a Turning company with 14 turning machines capable of milling, drilling & tapping in one operation. We also have four Vertical Machining Centres which are used mostly for second operation milling, drilling & tapping on our Turned Parts.
Wide range of materials machined include:
- Stainless Steel: 303, 304, 316, 416, 431, 316L
- Ferrous Steel: EN1A, EN1APb, 080A15, EN24T
- Aluminium: 6082T6, 6026, 2011T3, 2014T6, 6063T6
- Brass: CZ121,CZ131,CZ114,
- Bronze: PB102
- Plastics: Nylon, Acetal/Delrin, PTFE, PEEK, Polycarconate & ABS
- Aerospace: L111, T6511,S145, S154, AMS5639, AISI 304
We currently sub-contract the following services:
- Nickel plate
- Zinc plate
- Dull nickel & chemi black
- Heat Treatment